Billie Holiday On Films
59 minutes video of Lady Day
Total running time 59 min. - B & W
Production: A Kangourou Production V2736
Order direct from Michel Fontanes, 14 rue Daru, 75008 PARIS, France.
ONLY 50 COPIES AVAILABLE!
WHAT THE LABEL READS:
Exclusive: Paris Nov. '58, never released. 9 films - 18 tracks
- Symphony In Black, (Duke Ellington) Film 1935
The laborer, A Triangle, Jealousy Blues, Harlem rhythm.
- Film "New Orleans", 1946
Do You Know What It Means To Mis New Orleans, Farewell To Storyville, The Blues Are Brewing.
- Count Basie & His Sextet. Universal Studio. August 25, 1950.
God Bless The Child, Now Baby Or Never.
- (Probably) Steve Allen Show, NBC New York, Februari 8, 1955.
My Man (Billie filmed with Louis McKay on a small extract).
- The Sound Of Jazz. CBS, December 8, 1957.
Billie listening to Basie. Fine And Mellow.
- Art Ford Jazz Party, July 10, 1958. (with Mal Waldron)
Easy To Remember. What A Little Moonlight Can Do.
- Art Ford Jazz Party, July 17, 1958.
Don't Explain. When Your Lover Has Gone. Moaning Low.
- Paris, November 1958
I Only Have Eyes For You. Travelin' Light(NEVER issued before!).
- Chelsea At Night. London, February 24, 1959.
Strange Fruit. Porgy. Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone.
I've seen the tape. Unfortunately it is real bad quality. Most of the clips I've seen in (much) better quality, some of the clips are just recorded from TV broadcasts. It's a shame that Michel could not get hold of better material for this production.